Introduction: Feature Requests for Enipedia
- please document your ideas or feature requests for Enipedia here. Expect discussion!
 Feature requests
- For the Delft Energy Standards, I'm looking for ways to use box-plots on comparison/overview pages. Does anybody know if this is included in any tool or extension in use, or how this can be added? -- User:BertvanDorp
- It's possible to at least do bar charts. See the documentation on http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SparqlExtension. We would have to write custom code to include box plots, otherwise plots can be uploaded as images. It may be possible to implement a Candlestick chart without too much effort. --ChrisDavis (talk) 11:04, 1 October 2012 (CEST)
- Thanks, I'll try to implement the Google Visualizations Candlestick chart first. Is it helpfull to document this on Enipedia and/or on the MediwWiki page? --User:BertvanDorp
- The thing is that we need to update the code for the SparqlExtension, which means that we need to update the php code running on the server. --ChrisDavis (talk) 11:35, 1 October 2012 (CEST)
- Is the upgrade something that needs to be done anyway and should be 'scheduled maintentance', or something that is only neccessary for this functionality? As the DES will probably incorporate a WordPress front-end at some point, we can choose to do some of the visualizations over there. However, I think it's best to have all data and visualization in the Enipedia, and only extract to the front-end. Maybe talk to User:Alfredas to look into upgrading/extending GraphViz, or is that a bridge too far? --User:BertvanDorp
- Enipedia is part of ongoing research projects at the Energy&Industry group.
- Implementing your request may take some time