Air Traffic Network
- NASA - Virtual Skies
- International Civil Aviation Organization's public map gallery and links to out of date Google Earth files from 2006
- Skyvector - Aeronautical chart web browser and also a tutorial on how to read them
- CapStats.com - flight frequency and seat capacity data
- Aaron Koblin's flight patterns GIS visualisation based on FAA data.
- The OpenFlights.org datasets
 Cargo Shipping Network
- Automatic Identification Systems (AIS)
- Exact Earth Shipmaps - A global (combined satellite / land based) AIS visualisation is available under 'Port Management' featuring a snapshot of data around early March 2013. An explanatory pdf about satellite AIS
- Maritime-vts.co.uk (Vessel Tracking Services)
- Marinetraffic - live AIS map from land-based recievers operated by volunteers
- IDV Solutions - land based AIS shipping visualisations
- Geogarage blog - Article about AIS and about space-based AIS recievers
- NCEAS: A Global Map of Human Impacts to Marine Ecosystems. Global maps available to download (as ESRI grid, GeoTIFF and .ASC) for all 17 impacts including Commercial Shipping here
- Publication:The complex network of global cargo ship movements Contains a map showing traffic density of different routes taken from port AIS data, but doesnt show the actual routes. A larger version of the map can be found in this presentation.
- Geocommons - Global shipping lanes map and here
- North American environmental atlas - Web viewer The shipping visualisation can be found under; Pollution & waste - Marine vessel emissions.
- Esri.com - Geospatial modelling of ship traffic and air emissions illustrated pdf
- Spatial.ly - cinematic visualisation of the Baltic
- Video of global ship traffic seen from space
 Road & Rail
- NaturalEarthData.com: Shapefile of most of the worlds main roads & railways
- SEDAC Global roads open acess dataset v1 (gROADS) Shapefiles and image previews.
- ITOworld.com: The highway network from open street map
- ITOworld.com: The railway network from open street map
- Harvard.Africamap - This web browser contains the VMap0 global railroads layer
- ESRI world transportation web browser including highways, roads, railroads, and airports
- Bing Maps
- Yandex Maps Has much better coverage in Russia than Google
- Baidu Map Best coverage for China